Wiki So Far

 I have not yet added my content to the wiki, however I have been doing two sets of research for the purpose of adding to the class wiki.

First I plan to contribute to the Web Hosting wiki page, specifically in regards to Domain Names portion of the entry, since that section is far less robust than the others on the page. In that vein, I have done research on the topic of domains; how exactly they work, the different kinds (.com, .net, etc). In addition I have also looked into the subtopic of Premium Domains, domain names which are often far more expensive (sometimes pricing in the thousands of dollars) than ordinary domain names so that I can provide indepth information on what they are, why they are priced differently, and how they are handled.

In addition to my contribution to the existing wiki page, I will also be creating my own page related to the topic of Cyber Activism or Hacktivism. With this in mind, I have been doing research into hacktivism as a movement, particularly in regards to electronic civil disobedience & and tactical media. I have been looking at specific internet & media activism groups such as Anonymous, WikiLeaks, YesMen, Critical Art Ensemble, and Digital Zapatistas.

0 comments :

Post a Comment